Sunday, February 24, 2013

In-Class Portraits





I believe this may be close to a Rembrandt. The small triangle under her eye on the left side of her face may be close to one. For this picture I shot at a 100 iso. 1/200 with an f-stop of 7.1. I got some cool shadows on this photo, but I think I just got lucky with this shot.






Not sure if this is a split shot or a glamor. I like how the light highlights Katie's face though. It is very flattering. I used a 100 iso at 1/200 with an f-stop at 5.6.





This may be a Rembrandt as well. It is very slight, but I think it is there. I used a 100 iso, 1/200 with an f-stop of 10. 




Besides for the shadow from her bangs, I think this portrait is a split shot. If her face was turned a little more toward the camera, then it may have been shown a little better. For this shot I used a 100 iso, at 1/200 with an f-stop of 6.3.



It was interesting to take these photos. I am used to being on camera for broadcasting, but having like 4 or 5 people in my face with a camera is a bit nerve racking. I wasn't sure where to look, what face to make or what they were trying to get picture wise. Taking the photos was difficult as well, trying to get the light to hit the face exactly right and keep it there long enough to snap the photo was not easy. I liked how the light could emphasize so much on the face, and the shadow could help features develop. It was fun to experiment though and also to experience being the person being shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment